Optima Health is dedicated to taking care of health and so much more. Optima Family Care is a Virginia Medicaid plan. It is for children, teens, and adults who meet certain income and other requirements. You can apply at any time of year.
What does Medicaid Cover?
Medical and Pharmacy
Preventive care and screenings are part of your coverage. You cannot be denied for pre-existing conditions.
- Doctor visits, urgent care, and hospital stays
- Wellness exams
- Prescription drugs
- Mental health and addiction and recovery services
- Vaccines and flu shots
- 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line
Maximize Your Benefits
Benefits from Optima Health
When you are an Optima Family Care member, you get lots of added benefits on top of your Medicaid coverage.
- Vision coverage
- Gift card rewards
- Free cell phone
- Virtual visits over the phone or computer
- Partners in Pregnancy program including free breast pump
- Wellness programs for diet and exercise
Connection to Local Services
Help Beyond Healthcare
We understand the unique needs of Virginia because it has always been home to us.
- Healthy Savings® food and household items discount program
- Housing help
- Rides to the grocery store and community events
- College application assistance and GED voucher
- It takes less than a minute to check if you or your family may qualify for Virginia Medicaid.
- Our network includes over 35,000 providers and facilities. Try our Provider Search Tool.
- Learn about your options to apply for health coverage in Virginia.
- Choose Optima Health as your plan within your first 90 days, or during open enrollment.
Whether you are seeking coverage for yourself or helping someone else, we are here to answer your questions about our added benefits and services. We can help in other languages.
Check our online Learning Center for answers to common questions.
This page does not represent a complete list of coverage and benefits. View the Optima Family Care member handbook (PDF) for full details.