When you enroll in a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan through Sentara Medicare, you gain access to a wide range of extra benefits. Benefits vary by plan and location. Enter your ZIP code to see a list of benefits by plan.
Members may receive a monthly grocery allowance1 through NationsBenefits® to spend on thousands of healthy options using a prepaid flex card.
- Once activated, your prepaid flex card can be used at retail locations that operate as grocery stores, including Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, and Walmart.
- You can also order grocery items from NationsBenefits by phone or online. Home delivery from NationsBenefits has no additional cost.
Chiropractic adjustments may help relieve back pain and increase movement.
- Coverage varies by plan.
- Therapeutic manipulation/adjustment is included.
Both preventive and comprehensive dental services are available with your Sentara Medicare plan. Plus, you will have access to our quality dental network. Coverage includes:
- Preventive dental: $0 copay includes 2 exams, cleanings, bitewing X-rays, and fluoride treatments every 12 months, and 1 full-mouth X-ray every 36 months.
- Comprehensive dental: yearly allowance covers services such as fillings, dentures, and endodontics.
Sentara Medicare makes it easy to take care of your hearing needs.
- $0 copay for a routine hearing exam every 12 months.
- Fitting and evaluation for hearing aids; maximum of 3 every 12 months.
- One set of hearing aids up to a $2,000 allowance every 12 months.
Your Sentara Medicare plan includes vision coverage.
- $0 copay for a routine exam once every 12 months.
- Allowance for glasses (lenses and frames) and/or contacts.
Your Sentara Medicare plan can help keep more money in your pocket when you take advantage of your OTC quarterly allowance through NationsBenefits.
- Purchase approved OTC products from a catalog by phone or online.
- Allowance every 3 months (January, April, July, October).
- Allowance does not carry over to the next quarter.
Sentara Medicare members are covered for a fitness benefit through SilverSneakers online and at participating locations2 . Through this benefit members:
- Have access to a nationwide network of participating locations.
- Can take classes and use exercise equipment and other amenities.
- Can enroll in as many locations as they like, at any time.
- Are connected with a support network and online resources through:
o SilverSneakers LIVE classes
o SilverSneakers on-demand videos
o SilverSneakers GO mobile app
Sentara Medicare helps make sure you have a way to get to your medical appointments.
- Free one-way rides up to your plan’s trip limit.
- Receive routine medical transportation1 to plan-approved, health-related locations, such as doctor appointments.
- Depending on your plan and eligibility, non-medical transportation1,3 offers members trips to churches, grocery stores, community events, senior centers, and more.
Receive ready-to-heat meals delivered to your home when you return from an inpatient hospital or skilled nursing facility stay.
- Two meals per day for up to 28 days.
- Prior authorization is required by a health plan care coordinator upon discharge
This in-home, non-medical benefit4 connects members with a network of friendly Pals to help with basic daily activities (up to 90 hours per year), including:
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Board games
- Light housework
- Coverage varies by plan.
- $0 copay.
- Members may obtain up to two bathroom safety devices per calendar year.
- Members will receive safety devices through NationsBenefits®.
- Members can order online through their NationsBenefits member portal, by phone, or by mail. Home delivery has no additional cost.
- This benefit is separate from your OTC benefit and does not take away from your quarterly OTC allowance.
Sentara Medicare provides you with the flexibility of accessing high-quality care from anywhere, at any time. Appointments with a board-certified doctor, counselor, or psychiatrist are available.
- Appointments are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Your appointment over the phone or by video chat is secure.
- Doctors can diagnose, treat, and write prescriptions for routine medical conditions.
A variety of wellness programs to help you reach your health goals are a part of your Sentara Medicare plan.
- Wellness education on a variety of topics.
- Health self-management training.
Find a complete list of extra benefits included in each Sentara Medicare plan. Simply enter your ZIP code and select View Details.
Find a complete list of extra benefits included in each Sentara Medicare plan. Simply enter your ZIP code, select a plan, and View Details.
1Members with chronic condition(s) that meet certain criteria may be eligible for this special supplemental benefit. This benefit is not available to Sentara Medicare Prime (HMO) or Sentara Medicare Savings (HMO) members. 2Participating locations (PL) are not owned or operated by Tivity Health, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of PL facilities and amenities is limited to terms and conditions of PL basic membership. Facilities and amenities vary by PL. Membership includes SilverSneakers instructor-led group fitness classes. Some locations offer members additional classes. Classes vary by location. 3Pick-up and drop-off locations must be within service area. Rides are one-way. Trips over 50 miles require authorization. 4In-home support services and bathroom safety devices not available to Sentara Medicare Savings (HMO) members.
Sentara Medicare Plans
Sentara Medicare offers all-in-one Medicare Advantage plans with both medical and prescription drug coverage. Our plans provide more coverage than Original Medicare with benefits including a monthly grocery allowance*, a quarterly over-the-counter products allowance, dental, vision, and hearing allowances, and SilverSneakers®.
*Members with chronic condition(s) that meet certain criteria may be eligible for this special supplemental benefit. This benefit is not available to Sentara Medicare Prime (HMO) or Sentara Medicare Savings (HMO) members.