About the Optima Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Optima Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an employer-sponsored benefit that provides employees with positive and helpful resources to turn to when they are dealing with life challenges. Our approach is a holistic one. We address the realities and impacts that your employees’ work or home life can have on your organization and vice versa.
Optima EAP offers comprehensive evaluation, intervention, and education services.
Management Consultation and Behavioral Risk Management
The Optima EAP team of clinical consultants is well-equipped to support your Human Resources department, along with other departments, to maintain a qualified and successful workforce. A member of our Clinical Team is available 24/7 to consult with management and employees regarding issues and concerns that threaten to impair an employee’s effectiveness or impose a possible risk of liability on your organization.
Training and Education
The Optima EAP Training Team partners with your organization to help develop your most important asset: your employees. We are committed to increasing program awareness and helping managers take advantage of our many support resources. Optima EAP encourages our clients to offer regular program orientations and trainings to promote the program to their leaders.
Our team provides professional and personal skills development training on a variety of topics relevant and essential to the well-being of management and front-line employees. Training classes are designed to increase awareness, expand thinking, and build skills that enhance effectiveness.
Please see the Optima EAP Training Catalog at OptimaEAP.com for a full listing of our online and onsite course offerings and descriptions.
Substance Use Professional Services
Optima EAP has a history of working closely with local and regional organizations on issues of employee substance use. The Optima EAP Clinical Team and affiliate network include a number of providers with strong substance use assessment experience. Additionally, a member of the Optima EAP Clinical Team is a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) as defined by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Workplace Critical Incident Response Program
Optima EAP offers a program to respond to trauma-inducing events that occur in the workplace. Key components of the program include:
- Pre-Incident employee training
- Incident Assessment
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), including Crisis Management Briefing (CMB), Critical Incident Defusing, and Clinical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
The Optima EAP Clinical Team includes individuals trained in Critical Incident Stress Management. Our team has experience addressing numerous workplace traumas including employee death, injury, and workplace violence. The Optima EAP team also offers consultation with management and employees to defuse stress.
We provide a robust online resource for leaders and managers at OptimaEAP.com. Our website is available to you at any time and provides valuable insight on a variety of topics. Sign in today to access the following resources:
- Manager’s Toolkit – This toolkit includes information on management consultations, critical incidents, the formal referral process, our training catalog, tip sheets, and other guidance for managers and leaders
- Marketing Toolkit – Our marketing toolkit provides you with brochures, posters, digital ads, and more to help promote Optima EAP to your employees
- More than 80 on-demand training and professional development courses
- Over 200 webinar recordings
- Information on how to conduct an employee referral
- Self-assessment tools
- Inspirational Thought of the Week posts
- News alerts for timely information and resources on current events
- An expansive library of articles, videos, and thousands of other materials